Enroll Now! Space Limited.
Welcome Back!! Dream Builders Learning Center is currently enrolling for the upcoming school year beginning in August. We are excited to offer a preschool class ages 3-5, that includes a private Pre- K program. The school age after school program will kick off again as well, with transportation provided for Liberty Elementary and Midway Middle. Dream Builders Learning Center is licensed childcare center that has been awarded the Quality Rated seal. What does this mean for your child? This means that we will exceed the state mandated recommendations concerning childcare and adhere to the newly implemented safety precautions given by the state and county concerning COVID-19
• Some key factors to preparing for next school year start now over the summer.
• Make sure your child has a bedtime that is similar to the school schedule.
• Create a daily schedule to include the time
• D.E.A.R. Drop everything and read a minimum of 30-45 minutes
• Play, Play, Play! Children should be active and exercising
• Screen Time: Put some sunscreen on and go outside! Limit the amount of screen time on technology allowed
• Internet Access: Parental controls are essential to our children’s safety
• Family: This is a perfect opportunity to interact as a family
• Social and emotional skills: Be sure that we are using verbal communication and positive communication by allowing time to talk and listen
The statistics state that the children in Georgia lag behind in reading. It is vital that your child is reading out loud and that you are asking some open ended questions concerning what they are reading. Remember keep it FUN allow them to choose something they like but that is developmentally appropriate. Remember the goal is to read. The Public Library is a huge resource that’s available online.
One thing we have learned is the kids love to eat and like to help if allowed. Cook together using a family recipe or go to the CACFP website for some ideas. This allows them to use math, reading, problem solving, cognitive skills, communication, and gives a sense of responsibility. Parents don’t get caught doing the dishes! Lol Until next time.
Happy and safe 4th of July!